Good afternoon from Classic Swing Golf School! The temperatures have been very pleasant this week so I hope you've been out! Today, I hope you enjoy this golf tip from Ted at the School.
Here is my Top Ten Thinking Out of the box Tips:
1. Top Shots- For the golfer who dribbles the ball along the ground quite often from chip to fairway metal, think "Keep Chest Over the Ball." Many thin or topped shots happen from simply coming out of your spine angle in the downswing. You are not looking up but you are standing up. Chest over the ball is a good golf course swing cue to eliminate the skinny shot.
2. Pull Hookers- You know who you are, so I won't need to go into too much description. To help eliminate this left of left miss for a right handed golfer, think "Keep your back facing the target throughout entire downswing." When your shoulders stay coiled longer, the golf club will approach the ball more from the inside.
3. Chunky Misses- For the golfer who hits the ground before they hit the ball, think "Pull the Handle." With most heavy shots, the wrong end of the golf club is winning the race to the ball.
4. Greenside Bunker Anxiety- Stop looking at the ball and finish very high with the club. The more sand you learn to throw out of the bunker with a full body finish the better. The sand throws the ball out of the trap!
5. Chili Dip Chip- Learn to putt with your hybrid. The hybrid is probably the most versatile club in the bag. Simply use a putting stroke with a descending blow on the ball around the greens. Now if you can't putt then we have another problem!
6. Pop Ups with the Driver- You must first understand this is a result of the downswing being too steep. To help flatten out the downswing, simply take the club back extra low for a long time. Think of an elongated U shape verses the letter V. "Low and Slow" are good thoughts for the driver.
7. Hosel Rockets- Since we do not use this word in golf school vocabulary, this is the undesirable pitch out to the right. "Butt Back" is the cue for this dilemma in golf. If your pelvic girdle begins to move into the ball in the downswing, watch out! If you can keep your butt back in the downswing, you just may welcome back the sweet spot.
8. The Slicer- There is a tremendous misunderstanding in golf with regards to the responsibility of the wrists through impact. They never flip, but they must ROLL! Pronation, or forearm rotation, is paramount for power. Immediately to and through the ball in golf, from pitch to drive, think "Right Palm Down." Flippers slice and rollers Draw!
9. Power Loss- This might sound silly but lighten up the tension level in the hands, arms, shoulders, and chest. Relaxed muscles move fast and tight muscles move slow. It is your choice; you might just need to surrender to relaxation!
10. Consistency- It is probably time to come back and see us.
Classic Swing Golf School has earned many accolades on which to hang its hat. Classic Swing Golf School is honorably distinguished as one of the "Top 25 Golf Schools in America" by Golf Magazine and was also voted "The Best Golf School in Myrtle Beach" in 2008.
Classic Swing Golf School guarantees a maximum 3:1 student to teacher ratio in all golf schools and offers private golf lessons for those golfers that prefer one-on-one golf instruction. Classic Swing also offers custom golf club fitting. The staff of Classic Swing Golf School abides by their motto, "We Love What We Do and We GUARANTEE Improvement." We invite you to preview the Classic Swing Golf School experience today! www.classicswing.com. Be sure to check out our videos on YOUTUBE!