Good afternoon from Classic Swing Golf School in Myrtle Beach! Have you thought about golf instruction lately? Are you looking for a Top Rated Golf School? Classic Swing is the answer for you. The instructors committed and well-qualified and are waiting for your call.
Most agree that golf specific exercises workout your body for a better game, but what about the mind? Enjoy this tip from Ted:
Stretching the Mind
My personal library of books that discuss the mind are not golf specific. They are intended to enhance your life, and that includes the game of golf. If you see a sentence or two in quotes as you read the next few newsletters, then it is most likely a phrase that I highlighted when I read it because I found it to be meaningful and useful. For this month, let me simply introduce you to my top ten quotes relevant to performance. Over the next three months, I will go into more detail and discuss why these concepts are so important to your golf game!
Keys to Performance:
1) "Believing in yourself is paramount to success."– Ben Crenshaw
2) "If you want to build mental muscle then you must train the mind like you train the body."–Ken Griffey
3) "Your mind influences how your body operates and not the other way around. Therefore, if you are concerned about how your body is functioning, focus on the mind." –Jason Kidd
4) "Words trigger pictures, pictures trigger action, so your action reflects your words."– My preacher
5) "Overtrying leads to underperforming."– Bob Rotella
6) "At times, we all get nervous and anxious. Learn to get comfortable with being uncomfortable."– Phil Mickelson
7) "Limits begin where vision ends. Visualize success."– Jack Nicklaus
8) "The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it is open." –Gary Mack
9) "Be your own best friend, not your own worst enemy. Get over yourself!"–Olga Korbut
10) "Tension is our number one enemy. We must play to have fun."–John Wooden
My personal library on mental training underscores that conditioning the mind is a daily process. Relaxation is the ultimate key in allowing one's physical talents to reach full potential. For this month, focus on breathing, light arms, and not taking each shot so seriously. Try to make enjoyment your reason for playing, no matter how important the round. Smile a lot!